It’s not fun for sure, but there is a great alternative.
Traditionally, a fatigue analysis involves moving stress results from an FEA program to a fatigue program.
You could be:
- Copying and pasting large, perhaps 200Gb in size, intermediate files from folder to folder and program to program
- Or automating the moving by use of some GUI
Moving these large files results in:
- Having to take care of large intermediate files
- Long fatigue analysis cycles
- Models that are highly difficult to share with colleagues
The New Alternative in MSC Nastran 2013
Now consider if the FEA solver did both the stress and fatigue calculation:
- There are no intermediate files to move
- Fatigue analysis is faster
- Exchaning analysis models involves just one file
MSC Nastran 2013 is the first to offer such a capability.
- Attend a seminar
- Attend a workshop
- Watch a 6 minute brief presentation on MSC Nastran Embedded Fatigue