Question: Is there a way to easily rotate a group of elements?
Answer:Yes, you can “transform” groups such that you translate, rotate, scale, mirror, and more. In addition, the associated boundary conditions and element properties are carried over.
You can use the tool as follows:
- Option 1: In the model tree, you can right click on the group you wish to rotate. Make sure Action is set to Transform and Method is set to Translate. Also make sure you have the right group for Selected Group(s). Configure the form as you would like.
- Option 2: On the top bar, click on group to pull down the menu and select transform. Make sure Action is set to Transform and Method is set to Translate. Also make sure you have the right group for Selected Group(s). Configure the form as you would like.
In the video below, I quickly demo the Group Transform tool.
Want to expand your knowledge?
- Accelerate your high performance computing! Register for our upcoming HPC webinar.
- Watch a SimAcademy webinar. SimAcademy webinars teach you how to use the numerous capabilities in MSC Software.
- Watch a YouTube webinar. The YouTube webinars are designed to inform you of the latest capabilities in MSC Software.
- Are you new to Patran? Watch one of many Patran tutorials designed for new Patran users.
- Go to SimCompanion and explore our online library of documentation for all of our MSC Software. SimCompanion is the MSC knowledge base for technical articles, documentation, webinars & more.