Question: Where can I learn more about Shock Spectrum Analysis in MSC Nastran?
Answer: You can watch this SimAcademy webinar Shock Spectrum Analysis in MSC Nastran.
Here is a preview of the SimAcademy Webinar.
Details of the webinar
Shock Spectrum Analysis and Response Spectrum Analysis are methods used to estimate maximum dynamic response of a structure. The advantage of these methods over a conventional transient analysis is economy and simplicity. The only major calculation step is obtaining a sufficient number of normal modes to represent the entire frequency range of the input excitation and resulting response. The presentation will show different how to create response spectra for a given transient response and also how to analyze structure subjected to response spectra input.
During this session, you will learn about following capabilities:
- Difference between harmonic and response spectra input.
- How to create Response Spectra of transient response.
- How to analyze the structure subjected to response spectra.
- Various methods to combine modal response to get final response of structure.
- Comparison of transient analysis and response spectrum analysis.