With Adams Car, engineering teams can quickly build and test functional virtual prototypes of complete vehicles and vehicle subsystems. This helps cut time, cost, and risk in vehicle development and improves the quality of the new vehicle designs. Working in the Adams Car simulation environment, automotive engineering teams can exercise their vehicle designs under various road conditions, performing the same tests they normally run in a test lab or on a test track, but in a fraction of the time. Here are a few key features with this release:
1. Faster Parallel Adams Solver: Performance improvements have been made to Adams Solver when running on multiple threads with Adams Solver Shared Memory Parallel (SMP).
- 5-30% improvement in simulation speed for models running on multiple threads
2. Adams Car Model Management: In previous releases, one Adams Car assembly represented a single model configuration. In Adams 2017.2, multiple model configurations can be saved in one assembly.
- Easier to manage assembly models with different subsystem setups
- 40% time reduction in switching between different model configurations
3. Model Fidelity Tuning: Higher-fidelity component models can rpresent a significant performance cost in the solve time of an Adams Car model, while in many instances sufficiently accurate results can be achieved with a more efficient modeling approach. New in Adams 2017.2 is an automated utility for reducing the modeling fidelity of tires and anti-roll bar.
- Up to 90% reduction of simulation time with reduced complexity for full vehicle models, while achieving the similarly accurate results
- Conduct Design of Experiments (DOE) studies more efficiently
- Improve Engineering Productivity: Enable efficient communication between various groups of expertise, reduce your dependency on disconnected point solutions, and improve analyst efficiency.
- Accelerate Time-To-Market: Gain faster, better insight into overall system design performance.
- Reduce Manufacturing Costs: Accurately predict and correct the design behavior much earlier in the design cycle. Achieve an optimal design by analyzing multiple design variations faster.
- Achieve Lower Warranty Costs: Predict system-level functional performance, and accurately assess lifecycle service (safety, fatigue, durability). Reduce risk by having better information at every state of vehicle design and development.
- Drive Innovation: Explore several design concepts quickly and efficiently.