MSC offers a free student version of MSC Nastran | Patran. The MSC Nastran | Patran Student Edition complements the FEA Academic Bundle by enabling students to improve software proficiency and use for personal and school projects.
Who is eligible for the Student Edition program?
Only students currently enrolled in engineering programs are eligible to download the MSC Student Edition.
How can students register for the program?
They can register by following the instructions below:
- Go to the MSC Student Center
- Click on the 'Download Now' button on the right-hand side of the webpage
- Click 'Register' and complete the form. (Please note you will need an electronic version of your Student ID to upload when registering)
- Once you have completed and submitted the form, click the link that is automatically sent to your email address to confirm your registration.
- Once you have successfully registered, you will receive an email notification from MSC either approving or denying your registration.
- If you have been approved, you will be provided instructions on how to download
- If you have been denied, you will receive instructions on how to upload information required to confirm your student status for approval
The MSC Student Editions differs from the University's Full Academic Bundles in the following ways:
- Software is limited to 5000 Node models
- Not all features that are in the full academic version are included such as DMAP
Where can students find training or tutorials for Patran and MSC Nastran?
Although students do not have access to the same support as commercial or university customers, the following support and learning resources are available to students
- An extensive library of MSC Nastran | Patran tutorials
- List of FAQs
- Access to SimCompanion, MSC's knowledge base and forums
How can students get in touch with an MSC Software team member?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may contact: .