Question: When defining the thicknesses of 2D elements in Patran, how can I visually see the thicknesses?
Answer: Patran has a “Display Shell Thickness” tool located in the Utilities>Display menu. In this model I have elements defined with 5 different thicknesses. I simply select the elements I would like to see the thicknesses for and hit apply. To revert to your original view, switch “Show As:” to “Surfaces.”
Do you need consulting support for a project?
- Please visit our Engineering Services page and learn how MSC Software can work with you.
- Interesting fact, MSC Software first began in 1963 developing structural analysis software for engineers.
Want to expand your knowledge?
- Watch a SimAcademy webinar. SimAcademy webinars teach you how to use the numerous capabilities in MSC Software.
- Watch a YouTube webinar. The YouTube webinars are designed to inform you of the latest capabilities in MSC Software.
- Are you new to Patran? Watch one of many Patran tutorials designed for new Patran users.
- Go to SimCompanion and explore our online library of documentation for all of our MSC Software. SimCompanion is the MSC knowledge base for technical articles, documentation, webinars & more.
Do you have a question? Email me at .