Question: Where can I find Patran tutorials for students?
Answer: You can find 30 Patran tutotrials on our YouTube channel. Here is a list. Tutorials 6-30 are referenced from page 305 of this document Patran 2012.2 Reference Manual Part 6: Results Post Processing.
- Installation of the Student Edition
- Patran Home Tab Tools Overview
- Bending Stresses in a Loaded Beam
- Bending Stresses, Displacements and Free Body Diagram of a Frame
- Total Response of an Undamped System
- Linear Statics, Rigid Frame Analysis
- Linear Statics, Cross-Ply Composite Plate Analysis
- Linear Statics, Principal Stress and Stress Transformation
- Linear Statics, Plane Strain with 2D Solids
- Linear Statics, 2D Shells in Spherical Coordinates
- Linear Statics, 2D Axisymmetric Solids
- Linear Statics, 3D Solids and Cylindrical Coordinate Frames
- Linear Statics, Pinned Truss Analysis
- Nonlinear Statics, Large Deflection Effects
- Linear Statics, Thermal Stress with Solids
- Superposition of Linear Static Results
- Normal Modes, Point Masses and Linear Springs
- Normal Modes, Shells and Cylindrical Coordinates
- Normal Modes, Pshells and Cylindrical Coordinates
- Buckling, shells and Cylindrical Coordinates
- Buckling, Flat Plates
- Direct Transient Response, Solids and Cylindrical Coordinates
- Modal Transient Response with Guyan Reduction and Bars, Springs, Concentrated Masses and Rigid Body Elements
- Direct Nonlinear Transient, Stress Wave Propagation with 1D Elements
- Direct Frequency Response, Eccentric Rotating Mass with Variable Damping
- Modal Frequency Response, Enforced Base Motion with Modal Damping and Rigid Body Elements
- Complex Modes, Direct Method
- Transient Heat Transfer with Phase Change
- Steady State Heat Transfer, 1D Conduction and Convection
- Freebody Loads, Pinned Truss Analysis
Do you need consulting support for a project?
- Please visit our Engineering Services page and learn how MSC Software can work with you.
- Interesting fact, MSC Software first began in 1963 developing structural analysis software for engineers.
Want to expand your knowledge?
- Watch a SimAcademy webinar. SimAcademy webinars teach you how to use the numerous capabilities in MSC Software.
- Watch a YouTube webinar. The YouTube webinars are designed to inform you of the latest capabilities in MSC Software.
- Are you new to Patran? Watch one of many Patran tutorials designed for new Patran users.
- Go to SimCompanion and explore our online library of documentation for all of our MSC Software. SimCompanion is the MSC knowledge base for technical articles, documentation, webinars & more.
- Learn from the best minds in CAE at our 2013 Users Conference. Discounted registration is available for members of the academic community.
Do you have a question? Email me at .